el Catavinos (the Winetaster)

Offers wine reviews of wines tasted in and available in Colorado Springs and Denver. General wine information, especially on the health benefits of wine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Enter your email address below to subscribe to el Catavinos (the Winetaster)!


powered by Bloglet


Subscribe to Site Feed

Add to Google

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Wine Across the Country

I just spent the last week in Atlanta at the Convention for my new business. A couple of us couldn't afford to fly so we drove the 23 hours straight. I noticed that there is wine and vineyards in a wide variety of states. I think Kansas may have had a winery or two near the highway at the eastern end. Missouri had free tastings at one winery right off the highway. Their vineyards were also next to the road, so that was neat. For more information visit Missouri Wines.com.

After travelling through Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee when we arrived in Georgia there was instantly a billboard for a winery. This one is The Georgia Winery. All of the wineries and tasting rooms were intriguing, but there was no time to stop.

On the way home we decided to take the southern route through Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas and Oklahoma. I didn't see any wine signs that I remember in Mississippi or Louisiana, but that doesn't mean there aren't any active wineries in those states. In Texas I did see one or two wineries, but I think we weren't driving through the right place to see a lot more Texas wine.

Wouldn't it be fun to take a road trip where you visit wineries across the country? I think it would be a blast. I had fun just imagining what those places had to offer. Someday I will stop at them and enjoy a glass or two, or three.