el Catavinos (the Winetaster)

Offers wine reviews of wines tasted in and available in Colorado Springs and Denver. General wine information, especially on the health benefits of wine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Enter your email address below to subscribe to el Catavinos (the Winetaster)!


powered by Bloglet


Subscribe to Site Feed

Add to Google

Friday, October 27, 2006

Lulu B. Pinot Noir 2004 (France)

Purchased for $8.99 at the Cork & Cap liquor store in Ft. Lupton, Colorado, enjoyed at Bob's apartment in a solo drinking of the whole bottle.

This is one of the new French wines marketed in the new world wine style, with the Pinot Noir directly on the label. From the Lulu B. Wine website comes this quote
I am the daughter of famed French winemaker Louis Bernard, so I was lucky to grow up with a rich heritage of winemaking traditions. After studying in France, I toured the world's wine regions, seeing new vineyards, meeting new winemakers and learning new world winemaking practices.

Having satisfied my need to discover, learn and explore, I returned home to my family's estate and let my renewed motivation take over.

My Syrah, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines are a warm and sunny expression of my Southern French terroir with the best of the New World which makes them delightful, delicious and captivating.


On to the tasting! This wine has black cherry on the nose with black cherry and grape flavors on the palate. This wine is deep with some tannin and light earthiness, not overly complex. The finish is dry and tapers off nicely. Good Pinot, good value, I give it a B! I definitely want to try their other varieties.