el Catavinos (the Winetaster)

Offers wine reviews of wines tasted in and available in Colorado Springs and Denver. General wine information, especially on the health benefits of wine.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Enter your email address below to subscribe to el Catavinos (the Winetaster)!


powered by Bloglet


Subscribe to Site Feed

Add to Google

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Yellow Tail Shiraz - Cabernet 2004 (Australia)

Price - $5.99 Size - 750 mL - Tasted at a friend's Apartment with my wife and some of our friends on May 19, 2005.

I know you've seen the Yellow Tail display in your liquor store. So far this is my third Yellow Tail, I liked the pure Shiraz but not the Chardonnay. This is a blend of 60% Shiraz with 40% Cabernet Sauvignon. The coloring is purple with medium legs. The nose carries hints of grapes, jam, and a little alcohol, and is generally sweet. The flavors are of sweet fruit and spices, very juicy with some oak and decent dryness. My wife said it was meaty. I would call it yummy, balanced and smooth and finishes long and smooth. It would pair well with some steak and even a cigar. I did decant for 45 minutes, so if you can it would help. For more information visit Yellow Tail Wine website. Grade: B+